Medical Surgical/Acute Care Faculty
When applying for this position, I understand that all information on my application is subject to verification. In addition, criminal background checks are a condition of employment.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Type||Teaching and Research Faculty|
|Working Title||Medical Surgical/Acute Care Faculty|
|School/Unit||School of Nursing|
|Department||Adult Health & Nursing Systems|
|Number of Months||12|
|Grant funded position?||No|
Position Summary and Qualifications
|Mission or Goal of Unit||
The mission of the School of Nursing is to improve health and the human condition through leadership in nursing research, education and service. Therefore we will:
• Sustain our tradition of leadership in educational excellence by preparing future scholars and leaders for nursing and health care.
• Be a leader in improving health and the delivery of healthcare through the development, translation and dissemination of science in biobehavioral and in quality and safety research.
• Be a national model for collaboration and partnerships between nursing education and nursing service in academic medical centers.
• Be a national model for clinical scholarship (development and dissemination) in the use of simulation, technology and innovation for best practices in education and practice.
• Provide services that benefit the profession and promote the health and well being of diverse individuals, families, and communities.
|Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal||
This 12 month term or tenure-eligible faculty position will serve as clinical faculty for undergraduate and graduate Medical Surgical/Acute Care courses; contribute to curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; coordinate multiple clinical sections and clinical education sites; develop preceptors and appropriate clinical sites for Medical Surgical/Acute Care concentration graduate students; clinically supervise individual Medical Surgical/Acute Care students in graduate practica; participate in school governance activities; implement all roles of term or tenure-eligible track faculty (teaching, scholarship and service). Tenure track faculty must have an active program of research. Appointment to academic rank and salary are dependent on demonstrated scholarly achievement and teaching experience.
• Demonstrates commitment to contributing to VCU’s Quest for Distinction (www.future.vcu.edu/)
2. Research (Scholarship)
• Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in Virginia
• Master’s degree in nursing
• Experience in a practice role
• Documented effectiveness in collaboration and communication
• Ability to effectively manage details and problem solve in a complex environment
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
• Doctoral degree (PhD or DNP) in nursing or related field.
• Experience in higher education including teaching, simulation instruction, accreditation, program review or assessment
• Record of accomplishments in scholarship and professional service
• If research faculty, established area of research
Posting Detail Information
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Application Deadline Date|
|Proposed Hire Date||07/01/2017|
|Type of Search|
|Application Process/Additional Information||
Candidates must apply to this faculty position through the university’s career website at https://www.vcujobs.com to be considered for this position. For further information about this position contact the LaToya Blizzard, Executive Coordinator, School of Nursing at (804) 827-1130 or email@example.com.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you hear about this job?
(Open Ended Question)
If you selected "Other" for your referral source please indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select "Other," please enter "n/a.")
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3