Tenured or Tenure Eligible Senior Nurse Researcher in Biobehavioral or Healthcare Quality Research
When applying for this position, I understand that all information on my application is subject to verification. In addition, criminal background checks are a condition of employment.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Type||Teaching and Research Faculty|
|Working Title||Tenured or Tenure Eligible Senior Nurse Researcher in Biobehavioral or Healthcare Quality Research|
|School/Unit||School of Nursing|
|Department||School of Nursing|
|Number of Months||12|
|Tenure Status||Tenure Eligible|
|Grant funded position?||No|
Position Summary and Qualifications
|Mission or Goal of Unit||
The mission of the School of Nursing is to improve health and the human condition through leadership in nursing research, education and service. Therefore we will:
• Sustain our tradition of leadership in educational excellence by preparing future scholars and leaders for nursing and health care.
• Be a leader in improving health and the delivery of healthcare through the development, translation and dissemination of science in biobehavioral and in quality and safety research.
• Be a national model for collaboration and partnerships between nursing education and nursing service in academic medical centers.
• Be a national model for clinical scholarship (development and dissemination) in the use of simulation, technology and innovation for best practices in education and practice.
• Provide services that benefit the profession and promote the health and well being of diverse individuals, families, and communities.
|Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal||
This position is for a senior-level, tenure-eligible faculty member. The ideal candidate will possess a strong track record of nursing research with external funding and willingness and ability to provide visionary leadership and mentorship of faculty colleagues and students. The candidate should have experience in conducting significant research and interests that complement and expand existing expertise in the School of Nursing. Research areas of particular interest include biobehavioral clinical research, symptom management, and health system quality and safety research. The candidate will also support the school with teaching responsibilities at the undergraduate and graduate levels and advisement and mentorship of doctoral students. This is a 12- month full-time, tenure-eligible position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor in the School of Nursing. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience and preparation.
• Demonstrates commitment to contributing to VCU’s Quest for Distinction (www.future.vcu.edu/)
• Engages faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at VCU
• Demonstrates an integrated academic life, contributing to the teaching, research, and service missions in an urban research-intensive university with an academic health sciences center
• Maintains a program of research supported by external funding
• Contributes to enhanced effectiveness of the community of scholars
• Mentors faculty and students in development of programs of research
• Participates in all aspects of curriculum including teaching across programs
• Research doctoral degree
• Demonstrated or potential excellence in teaching
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated or potential excellence in leadership skills, including excellence in working effectively with others
• Demonstrated achievement in scholarship with an established or developing program of interdisciplinary research that complements the areas of emphasis within the School, including but not limited to biobehavioral, symptom management, and health system quality and safety research.
• Demonstrated research productivity, including a record of or potential for obtaining external research funding and publications, and cogent plans for future research
• Demonstrated excellence in and passion for mentoring colleagues and students
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
Posting Detail Information
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Application Deadline Date|
|Proposed Hire Date||07/31/2017|
|Type of Search|
|Application Process/Additional Information||
Candidates must apply to this faculty position through the university’s career website at https://www.vcujobs.com to be considered for this position. For further information about this position contact the LaToya Blizzard, Executive Coordinator, School of Nursing at (804) 827-1130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you hear about this job?
(Open Ended Question)
If you selected "Other" for your referral source please indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select "Other," please enter "n/a.")
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3