When applying for this position, I understand that all information on my application is subject to verification. In addition, criminal background checks are a condition of employment.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Position Type||Teaching and Research Faculty|
|Working Title||Term Faculty|
|School/Unit||School of Nursing|
|Department||School of Nursing|
|Number of Months||12|
|Tenure Status||Non-Tenure Eligible|
|Grant funded position?||No|
Position Summary and Qualifications
|Mission or Goal of Unit||
The mission of the School of Nursing is to improve health and the human condition through leadership in nursing research, education and service. Therefore we will:
• Sustain our tradition of leadership in educational excellence by preparing future scholars and leaders for nursing and health care.
• Be a leader in improving health and the delivery of healthcare through the development, translation, and dissemination of science in biobehavioral and in quality and safety research.
• Be a national model for collaboration and partnerships between nursing education and nursing service in academic medical centers.
• Be a national model for clinical scholarship (development and dissemination) in the use of simulation, technology and innovation for best practices in education and practice.
• Provide services that benefit the profession and promote the health and well-being of diverse individuals, families, and communities.
|Chief purpose of this position in support of above mission or goal||
This 12-month term (non-tenure-track) faculty position will: contribute to curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; teach in graduate or undergraduate areas; make ongoing scholarly contributions to nursing science, including the incorporation of evidence-based practice into teaching and clinical activities and the publication of manuscripts; and maintain a commitment to serving the school of nursing, university, profession, and community. Appointment to academic rank and salary are dependent on demonstrated scholarly achievement and teaching experience.
• Demonstrates commitment to contributing to VCU’s Quest for Distinction (www.future.vcu.edu/)
• Engages faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at VCU
• Demonstrates an integrated academic life, contributing to the teaching, scholarship and service missions in an urban research-intensive university with an academic health sciences center
• Participates in all aspects of curriculum including teaching in classroom or clinical settings
• Contributes to curriculum development, implementation and evaluation
• Contributes to enhanced effectiveness of the community of scholars
• Maintains ongoing scholarly contributions to their field such as translation of evidence to practice, presentations or manuscript publications
• Mentors faculty and students in development and/or application of scholarly programs
• Maintains a commitment to serving the school of nursing, university, profession and community
• Master’s degree in nursing or related field
• Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in Virginia
• Experience in a practice role
• Documented effectiveness in collaboration and communication
• Ability to effectively manage details and problem solve in a complex environment
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
• Demonstrated achievements in scholarship in a focused clinical area
• Demonstrated commitment to service activities consistent with the focus of clinical expertise
• Demonstrated ability to develop and/or expand connections with agencies that facilitate learning experiences.
• Demonstrated scholarly productivity including publications and presentations
• Experience in higher education including teaching, simulation instruction, accreditation, program review or assessment
• Record of accomplishments in scholarship and professional service
• Doctoral Degree in Nursing or related field
• Licensed or eligible for licensure as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in Virginia
Posting Detail Information
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Application Deadline Date|
|Proposed Hire Date||07/01/2017|
|Type of Search|
|Application Process/Additional Information||
Candidates must apply to this faculty position through the university’s career website at https://www.vcujobs.com to be considered for this position. For further information about this position contact the LaToya Blizzard, Executive Coordinator, School of Nursing at (804) 827-1130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you hear about this job?
(Open Ended Question)
If you selected "Other" for your referral source please indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select "Other," please enter "n/a.")
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3